Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dance-off..

Yes, that is me in the red dress and black leggings - you got that right. Did I dance in front of the entire student body at morning break last Friday? Sure did! Did we raise money for the Red Cross re: Hurricaine Sandy Refief? You betcha! Oh, we teachers...we do the craziest of things sometimes....like tape microphones to our faces so that it picks up our voices better in the classroom....or loop the microphone cord around my glasses so it hangs in front of my mouth...that was the most recent student suggestion for getting my microphone to pick up my voice better in the classroom. Oh, the joys of teaching. You'd think maybe I'd need a break from those crazy kiddos on the weekends and every day after 3pm...but nope! Sunday night (after a super fun baby shower for Katie Halma!), I went to a Christmas party hosted by BLane for her 7th period math class. What? Yep, you heard me right. With carne asada tacos, an abundance of desserts, name tags, and white elephant gifts. Mmmmhm. Only one of the students in that 7th period is also one of my current students...so it wasn't super weird. I came home with a Tigger picture frame - oooh boy did I score on that white elephant exchange! (PS: why is it called White Elephant? I am sure there has got to be something offensive with that terminology....yikes) This week I am back at it teaching those kids a little of this, and a little of that. I try to teach them Spanish, but sometimes ya gotta just show 'em a YouTube video. I mean, come on, right? How great is that? Credit: Brittany Lane. She showed it to me last Christmas season. I remembered it the other day, and when we have a few extra minutes in class, I put it on today. LOVE. I have been gearing up to teach my students some Christmas carols in Spanish - back in the day when I taught at OC, my classes would go around the school caroling on the day before Christmas break. Not sure I will do that this year....especially because I am leaving for MN early on that day this year......ah, we'll figure something out. Tonight I went to my first girls JV basketball game at WCHS. The team is basically made up of my students, so I would say it was good that I attended. What was even more fun was that at Starbucks on the way to the game (if I can manage to LEAVE my house AFTER I am home and comfy, Starbucks is in order)....I ran into a co-worker and we ended up going to the game together.....thus, I did not have to sit alone at the game. Yay. :) Oh, watching the game brought me back to my bball days....however short lived they were....good old rec league with Kristen Barton, Ashley Smith, and Megan Ruiz. Yeah, pulled those names out of the past! Woo hoo! Let's just say, I was a much more successful XC skier than I was bball star. :) Aaaaaand, that's about it. Hope you like the collage of pictures, and the cute Christmas video from YouTube. :)

No comments: