Wednesday, December 14, 2011

An exciting list of updates!

It has been almost a month since my last post - apparently I have been busy doing other things besides blogging. :) Honestly, I have thought of about 20 different blog post ideas, but none are really coming to mind at the moment. Perhaps a list will have to do for now.

*Work is going well, I am loving teaching the kiddos again.

*Commuting to and from work is TIRING. Thank goodness for coffee and tunes.

*I have a new nephew! Grady Matthew Kleinsasser was born yesterday to the happy Boston family. I can't wait to meet him in a few weeks. By the way...don't you love the name? Now we've got Sasha, Alexis, Charlie, Alberto, and Grady! Woo hoo!

*I made a new friend at work! My entire staff is really great, and I am incredibly thankful for each one of them. I have re-learned a lot about teaching, and I have seen God at work in numerous ways thus far. My new pal at work is named Brittany, and she is super cool. I knew I liked her a lot when she told me she leads a club at school for upperclass girls to mentor the underclass girls. COOL. Couldn't be more thankful for my new job. :)

*Youth group....it has been a busy but very fun season for my church community. I have been helping to lead the high school youth group at my church for a few months now, and it has been a blast. Last night we had a Christmas party, and the kids could dress up in Christmas outfits and try for a prize. We have some really creative kiddos - the winners were a) a girl dressed up in a silver sparkly wrapping paper dress, b) a female elf, and c) a male elf. FUN times.

*Small group....we had a delicious Christmas dinner together last week, and some of us are getting together for a baking day this weekend. Our church is also raising awareness for the exploitation of young girls in our area. We have an angel tree dedicated to giving Christmas gifts to girls who have been rescued and now live in a safe house. Ask me more about that sometime if you want...

*My roommate rocks. Just now she walks over to me with a red box labeled "Edible Arrangements," and offered me a delicious chocolate covered strawberry. My roommie also recently accompanied me on a Target shopping trip for some new work clothes. Good stuff.

*In a few short days I will be hopping on a plane headed to the great state of Michigan to see this fun fam, and meet little Alberto, and finally off to Boston to meet Grady.

*Lastly, I am taking in every moment of this special season. I bought a real Christmas tree for the first time in my life, and my roommate and I still have a few decorations to put up, but our house is pretty cozy! This season, I am incredibly thankful for the JOY and HOPE that come along with the birth of our Savior. Here is one of my favorite Christmas carols a little jazzed up. Enjoy.

No comments: