Thursday, December 13, 2012

Documentation.

I am writing this quick post tonight because I want to remember what a student said to me today. I bought my classes some Christmas goodies, and allowed them to choose one of three Christmas movies to watch during class today. As kids were in line putting frosting and sprinkles on their graham crackers (couldn't find sugar cookies), one girl at her desk said to me, "Miss K, did you have a good childhood?" to which I replied, "Yes, I did." Then her response was, "Yeah, that is probably why you like to do nice things like this for us." Best quote of the day. I had to call my parents to THANK THEM for a super fun childhood. I guess I do want to give my students fun experiences because my parents did that for me! Hopefully this will carry over when/if I am a parent someday.....but as my friend Whitney said today (another fantastic quote of the day), "I am single as a dollar bill," so that won't be happening any time soon. Ha! I love days like today.......... OK...wait, if I am using this post to document memories...I just have to add this last one from today. I got a "Christmas gram" from a student that included two Chrismas cookies in a baggie and a note from the student. The note said, "I really liked your dancing from last week. Merry Christmas!" Bah! Gotta love when students appreciate when teachers do silly things for the school! :) Well, I am off to dinner with some fantastic chicas, and the Christmas program put on by our Fine Arts Department. December is the best month to be a teacher! :)

No comments: