Monday, May 13, 2013

So I do not forget...

Today: I taught 2 classes, then ran to the teacher's lounge for break. When I went to my door to open it for my 3rd period (latte in hand, obviously), my. door. wouldn't. open. I am telling you. Would not open. I had some students try to open it to no avail. 2 of my cherubs offered to run and get maintenance, so that happened. As the amazing maintenance people rolled up on their golf cart, I watched for a few minutes. Then I realized it was 100 degrees outside. To the library we went. None of this standing around outside waiting...I was getting sunburned, sweating, and about ready to pass out. So I marched my kiddos to the library and we hung out in the air conditioned building for awhile. I looked around and said..."Well, um, don't get too comfortable, because I have a lesson for you when we get back in that room." The kids inevitably didn't care what I had to say, and instead sat at tables with their friends. I sat down at a table too. One of my students said, "Ms Kaaaay! Now we get to hang out! Let me interview you!" and she proceeded to ask me some random questions about my past - boys I used to like, etc. YIKES. I was thankful when I got the all clear that my classroom door would now open again. Although for the rest of the day, I didn't actually close it all the way for fear I would have to go through that ordeal again. Sheesh. In other news, I watched the episode of Saturday Night Live from this past weekend - featuring Kristen Wiig. That lady is HILARIOUS. I can't get enough of her. Oh man. Please. If you have not watched it yet, and are into that type of humor...you gotta watch it. Some good stuff there. Let's see....my beautiful niece Alexis Cole turned 4 on May 10th! Woo hoo for growing, healthy, and adorable family members! Happy birthday, Lexi Loo. The countdown to the end of school is under way for us, too. I am giving finals next week - then we have actual finals week, then graduation on June 1st (Lindsay Place's birthday, in case you were wondering). Summer plans include weddings, grad school classes, traveling home, going to a reunion in CO, and hopefully having tons of fun along the way!!! Oh...and happy Mother's day to my mama, Gretch. She is the greatest. :) A quick picture: this is Sasha, Beto, and Lexi - all celebrating the fabulous Dutch culture in Holland Michigan at Tulip Time. Blessed to have such precious kiddos in my family (including Charlie and Grady...not pictured) Alright...I should probably head to bed...but just one more thing so I don't forget: I once again saw a student with his brothers at the YMCA tonight. The life of a TEACHER!

No comments: