Saturday, December 24, 2011

The most precious things.

During my trip to the Farm to visit my sister and her adorable family of four, here are some precious things I have encountered...in no particular order.

* "Mommy, you make Christmas special." -Sasha after opening her ONE gift on Christmas Eve.

* Looking at the kids during the children's portion of the Christmas Eve service and seeing Alexis with her head bowed and hands folded for a prayer.

*When we get to church tonight and Heidi asks, "What are you going to say to Grandma and Grandpa when you see them?" Alexis replies, "Happy birthday, Jesus!"

* Hearing Heidi and Nate read books to their girls before bed, then praying with them and saying "I love you."

*Doing a Jillian Michaels workout with Heidi every day.

*Sasha before Heidi closes the door to her room, "Mommy, I love you!"

*Having dance parties in the living room led by Sasha and Alexis.

*Listening to the Alexis sing, "Par-um-pa-pum-pum" in the car while listening to Christmas music on radio.

*Reading books to Sasha on the car ride home from Frankenmuth.

*Sasha coming down the stairs when she's supposed to be in bed, and Nate says, "Sasha, why are you out of bed?" and Sasha says, "I have an itchy nose."

...and a whole lot more that don't come to mind right now...but I just wanted to document these precious things today. This is my Merry Christmas.

No comments: