Thursday, December 29, 2011

Last day in Michigan...and on to Boston!

Leaving one fun place for another fun place is kind of bittersweet. Tonight my parents and I are leaving my sister's house in Michigan for my brother's house in Boston! Michigan has been a great place to spend part of my Christmas break...but I am excited for another short trip to Boston to hang with Zack and Michelle, to play with Charlie, and to meet the newest member of the Kleinsasser fam, Grady Matthew.

On Christmas morning, we celebrated at Nate's (bro in law) parent's house. To my surprise, I received two gifts! I was not expecting anything at all, since this year my sibs and I did not exchange gifts. However...my sister and her mother in law were so sweet to get me a few things. From Laurie, my sister's mother in law, I got a yummy smelling candle, which was really sweet. And from Heidi, I got "Punjammis" which are super cute pj pants that were made by women who have been rescued from human trafficking in the the country of India. If you know me at all...this is a SUPER cool gift for me to receive.

My parents arrived in Michigan on Christmas night, and the next day we drove to Lansing to meet up with Joel, Lora, and Alberto. Oh boy, is Beto ever a CUTIE PIE! He is just so little and sweet, I could not get enough of him! Our family stayed in a hotel there, and enjoyed creating a whirlpool in the pool, as well as watching Sasha and Lexi show off their swimming skills. :) We also exchanged a few gifts for the kids - I gave Beto an outfit, and to my surprise, J&L gave me a bag of Nicaraguan coffee! I guess they know me pretty well too!

The rest of my time in Michigan has been filled with lots of PLAYING, story-telling, (on car rides, Sasha often says to me "Allison, tell me a scary story!" and I usually comply...) coloring, dressing up as princesses, and a trip to the Henry Ford Museum to see a Wizard of Oz display. Some of the most exciting news is that Heidi and Nate put a bid on a house last week, and it looks like they are going to get it! This afternoon we are all heading there (2 miles from their current home) to see it. Woo hoo!

I don't have any pics from my time here loaded on the computer yet...but here are some recent pictures of Alberto, Joel, Lora, Sasha, and Lexi. I hope your Christmas was a wonderful as mine...




1 comment:

Ruth Ann said...

they are all just so stinkin cute! Glad you're getting to relax and enjoy your family! Love to all the Kleinsasser clan!