Friday, January 13, 2012

On a reading frenzy, and a new baby girl!

2 weeks back into teaching...and this is what happens. No new posts for 2 weeks on the blog. It is good to be employed. :)

Since my last post:

I hung out in Boston for a long weekend over New Years, and it was a blast. I got to hold my newest nephew Grady Matthew a whole lot! There was also lots of playing and book reading to 2.5 year old Charlie. While on Christmas vacation, I went on a reading frenzy...and since I don't really have other pictures to show you right now, you can look at the covers of these fantastic books. Two of them ("The Wednesday Wars" and "Okay for Now") were written by a Calvin professor, and I highly recommend them, especially if you are an educator or a parent. Good reads. I bought "Stealing Buddha's Dinner" for a quarter at the library near my sister's house, and loved it as well. I was on a "Hunger Games" kick before I went on vacation - I had read the first one, bought the second one for my trip, and my mom lovingly bought me the third one (early birthday gift)! It took a bit to get into the series, but I really liked the suspense of the books, and now I am pumped to see the movie in March. Ellen's book made me laugh out loud on several occasions, probably once a chapter at least. Here are some pictures of the books....





During these past two weeks since Christmas vacation, it has been busy at school - the kiddos take final exams next week! That means lots of grading and test-creating for Ms. K. Today the kids turned in movie projects all in Spanish, and it was quite hilarious to watch them during class. Gotta love a Spanish one! I am continually thankful for the opportunity to have a job at my school - I am learning a lot, and getting to know the other teachers better every day.

This weekend is full of fun times - I get to hang with my Minnesota friend Nicole tomorrow, and my three college roommates and I are getting together on Sunday and Monday!!! Lisa is in town, which always calls for a reunion of Condo 301. Here is a picture from the last time we got to hang out in Cali together:

I also have to mention a new little baby that was born to my good friend Katie and her husband Sean this past week! Little Evelyn Louise Kirsch was born 5 weeks early, but is healthy and getting stonger every day. Praise God for new life!

That's about it for now...more updates on my life in Cali later. Peace.

No comments: